[Insight-users] Degenerated volumes question

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd . ge . com
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:41:02 -0400

These filters do handle boundary conditions. The filters break an image up
into a series of small regions, one that has no boundary conditions and N
that
have boundary conditions.

With such a small region, I am guessing some of the regions are empty and
causing a problem. So I don't think this is a problem with a degenerate
volume
(a volume with a single slice) but rather a region that has no pixels.

Can you provide more information about the specifics? For a particular
crash,
what was the region size? What filter were you trying to run? What size of a

structuring element were you trying to use?

Without this information, I cannot focus on where the bug will be.  Just
saying
you have a bug with small regions in ITK is not a very graceful way to
report a bug.