[Insight-users] Process Bar problem in ITK program

Tue, 02 Dec 2003 19:32:32 -0500

Hi Chunyan,

ITK filters use the paradigm of Event/Observers
You will find a description of this concepts in
the software guide

    http://www . itk . org/ItkSoftwareGuide . pdf

please look at Chapter 3, "System Overview"
pdf-page 45.

Examples on the use of Observers are abundant on
the Registration chapter.

You will also find descriptions on how to use
observers in the tutorial sessions:

In particular in "ITK Architecture" :
http://www . itk . org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-III . pdf

For code examples on how to integrate ITK with Qt,
please look at the tutorial:

        "ITK and Graphical User Interface"
http://www . itk . org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-IV . pdf

You will find code examples about interfacing Qt and ITK in

      InsightApplications/QtITK

There is an explicit example on how to create a QtProgress
bar that is connected as observer of the ProgressEvents
sent by an ITK filter.

Look at:

     itkQtProgressBar.h
     itkQtProgressBar.cxx