[Insight-users] ITK update by CVS checkout

jiang jiang at TI . Uni-Trier . DE
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:49:06 +0100

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Luis Ibanez [mailto:luis . ibanez at kitware . com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2003 19:43
An: jiang
Cc: ITK; Ting Chen
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: [Insight-users] Process Bar problem in ITK
program : FuzzyConnectedness

Hi Chuyan,
Hi Luis,
I will try the uodate version of ITK. However, I'm not familar with CVS. I
use WinCvs1.3.13.2 beta 13. Could give me more information about how to get
the new ITK by CVS checkout?
Thank you very much!

Chunyan

Hi Chuyan,

Looking closer at the code of the FuzzyConnectedness filter,
we found the reason why your progress bar is not moving at all:

      The filter is not invoking the UpdateProgress() method
      during its execution in the GenerateData() method.

One of the difficulties for estimating the progress in
this filter is that it is growing a region and the inclusion
of new pixels  is conditioned to the computation of affinity
among pixel pairs.

Probably the reasonable thing to do is to make an estimation
of  a worst-case scenario for the number of pixels to visit,
and base the progress as a fraction of this number of pixels.

In practice what you will see is that the progress bar will
advance slowly and then suddenly jump to 100% because
most of the time the filter will finish earlier than the worst
case estimated time.

A first attempt for this estimation has been commited to
CVS. You will have to update your CVS checkout in order
to get this modification.   Note that a lot of files have been
changed in ITK today, so you will probab ly end up recompiling
the entire toolkit, just to be safe.

Please let us know if you find any problems.