[Insight-users] Re: itkVTKImageExport / Import

Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:29:30 -0500

Hi Olivier,

The dependendy rule for ITK is to rely on  VTK 4.2
which is the latest stable release.

If we modify

     itkVTKImageExport
     itkVTKImageImport

for using CVS VTK, then we will not be able to use
them  with VTK 4.2.

As a middle ground compromise, we replaced
"float" or "double" with  typedefs:

             VTKSpacingType
             VTKOriginType

and declared these two types in a single place.

At least this will make very easy for you to modify
your local checkout of ITK and use it with CVS VTK.

These change has been commited in ITK CVS.
If you want to use ITK along with VTK-CVS
please do the following:

1) go to
Insight/Code/BasicFilters/itkVTKImageImport.h
and uncomment/comment lines 79-82.

2) then go to
Insight/Code/BasicFilters/itkVTKImageExportBase.h
and uncomment/comment lines 52-55.

Please let us know if you find any problems,