[Insight-users] Wrapping Custom Classes

Carlos Phillips carlos . phillips at mail . mcgill . ca
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:33:46 -0500

Hi,
Is there a way to wrap a custom ITK based class in python without
changing the itk source tree.

I need to compute the best fit plane for image data using sum of
absolute distances. If I understand correctly, I need to subclass
itk::SingleValuedCostFunction to represent the sum of absolute
distances between a plane with given parameters and the image data. My
ITK/VTK code is almost entirely written in python, so I need to find a
way to make the SingleValuedCostFunction subclass available to the
python runtime.

Carlos