[Insight-users] setting parameters for GaussianBlurImageFunction

Phillip Cheng pmcheng at u.washington.edu
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:48:22 -0800

Hello,

I'm writing an experimental application to apply a Gaussian smoothing
operator to an image, where the kernel sigma will vary in different
segmented regions of the image.  For this purpose I am iterating through the
image and using GaussianBlurImageFunction with varying sigmas as I go.

However, with larger sigmas I am getting lots of warnings like this:

itkGaussianOperator (0xbfffecf0): Kernel size has exceeded the specified
maximum width of 32 and has been truncated to 33 elements.  You can raise
the maximum width using the SetMaximumKernelWidth method.

Yet I do not see any method in GaussianBlurImageFunction for changing either
the MaximumKernelWidth or the MaximumError for the operator.  In particular,
I would like to increase the MaximumError; I notice that the default is
0.001 in each dimension, where in DiscreteGaussianImageFilter I think it is
0.01.  Is there a better way to do this, or could this functionality be
added?  (Or as a quick fix, could the default max error be changed to 0.01?)

Thanks,

Phillip