[Insight-users] ImageImportFilter : Application integration passing data In/Out of ITK pipeline.

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:00:22 -0500

Hi Hari,

Integration of ITK pipelines with non-ITK applications
is explained in detail in the Tutorial sessions
http://www . itk . org/HTML/Tutorials . htm

In particular in
http://www . itk . org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-V . pdf

Several data transfer cases are discussed in this
document. You will find the following scenarios:

A) The case of copying the data from an input buffer into
    an allocated ITK image is presented in page 5

B) The case of taking an image buffer from the application
    and passing it to the ImportFilter in order to create
    an ITK image that can be feed in the pipeline is treated
    in page 10.

C) The case of taking the output of an ITK filter
    and copying into a custom buffer is presented
    in page 13.

D) An option for sharing the input buffer is presented
    in page 17.

E) An option for sharing the output buffer is presented
    in page 21.

Please let us know if you have further questions,