[Insight-users] Debian/Linux linking

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 07:51:26 -0500

Hi Neil,

I tried to verify the symbols in libstd++.so
but the libraries installed in our Debian have
been stripped.

Only the static versions of the libraries have
symbols. Here is how they look like:

In the directory
       /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/3.2.1

nm libstdc++.a | c++filt | grep seekg

std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traints<char> >::
        seekg(std::fpos<__mbstate_t>)

std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traints<char> >::
        seekg(long,std::_Ios_Seekdir)

std::basic_istream<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t> >::
        seekg(std::fpos<__mbstate_t>)

std::basic_istream<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t> >::
        seekg(long,std::_Ios_Seekdir)

The same command, when repeated in the directory
        /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.4

returns:

istream::seekg(long long)
istream::seekg(long long, ios::seek_dir)

-----

Some things that come to mind:

1) Verify your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
2) Make sure you are not disabling
    ITK_USE_SYSTEM_STDLIB

-----

Please let us know if you find other hints,