[Insight-users] Re: Wavelets in ITK ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:17:28 -0500

Hi Jon,

I agree with you in that wavelets could be quite
useful for ITK tasks. In particular the ImagePyramids
used for multi-resolution registration could take
advantage of them.

We have talked about adding Wavelets to the toolkit,
but there are no short-term plans on this area.

However, all the basic elements for implementing them
are there. They could use the basic mechnism of
neighborhood iterators used in the Morpho math filters.

If you would like to give it a try to an implementation
we will be glad to guide you on the process.

Please let us know,