[Insight-users] Extract Image Filter

Stephen R. Aylward aylward@unc.edu
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:48:58 -0500

The difficult thing is that viewers need an entire slice per view (at
least).   I don't think any viewer will work if it is only passed a
Requested or Buffered region.   FltkImageViewer actually has a built-in
volume renderer, hence it does a GetLargestPossibleRegion.

We could try to determine which data is currently being viewed, and then
pass that back as the requested region - in effect, the viewer would end
up driving the pipeline - calculations are made based on which slice the
user is currently viewing.

There are commercial viz systems for medicine that work that way: slice
based.

I could try to check something in really fast on this...just kidding...
  Perhaps we can talk about it at the meeting on Thursday.

Stephen