[Insight-users] SingleValueCostFunction

Julien Jomier jjomier@cs.unc.edu
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:31:04 -0500

Hi Mark,

> Can I use SingleValuedCostFunction without gradient?
Yes you can use SingleValuedCostFunction without gradient if the
optimizer doesn't require gradient information.
In some cases, when the optimizer needs gradient information, you can
compute a "simple" gradient using finite differences, etc...

> Is there any optimizer for that purpose?
itkOnePlusOneEvolutionaryOptimizer is not using gradient so you can use
this one.
You can look at
Insight/Examples/Registration/ModelToImageRegistration1.cxx (and the
ItkSoftwareGuide) for an example regarding the implementation of this
optimizer.

Hope this helps

Julien