[Insight-users] Help needed on Metric values !!!!

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 07:16:07 -0500

Hi Sateesh,

Could you please be more specific about the
initial parameters you added to the registration
when you passed from 2D to 3D ?

While the registration is running, do you get
all the print out messages on the console ?
the ones that show the iteration number ?

What seems to be vulnerable in your registration
is the low number of Z slices. A volume of size
256 x 256 x 3  is certainly very flat.

What are the spacings in this image ?
In Z is probably much larger that X,Y....

Please try the following:

1) Don't use multiresolution with this data
    Subsampling in this volume is uncertain.

    The ImagePyramid works by first blurring
    your image with a gaussian and then decimating
    the resolution.  Doing that in a disproportionate
    volume may not produce a reasonable pyramid.

    e.g.  What factors are you using for decimating
    at each level of the pyramid ?  ...

2) Try one of the Non-multiresolution examples
    and plot the outputs provided by the printout
    messages.  That will allow you to track the
    path of the optimizer in the parametric space.

Please let us know what you find.