[Insight-users] AW: itkDeformableTest. ConfidenceConnectedImageFilter

Ting Chen chenting@graphics.cis.upenn.edu
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:33:42 -0500

Hi! Waltraut,

for the first question. what I did in the deformable test is to first use
m_bmmeshsource to create a mesh based on the input binary mask.
the input for the deformable3Dmeshfilter is the otuput mesh of
m_bmmeshsource. the binary mask itself will not be passed directly to the
model

the structure of the test is

input binary
mask-----(m_bmmeshsource)---->itkmesh----->(deformable3dmeshfilter)--->outpu
t mesh

and for the deformable filter, the user should also provide a gradient map
of the original image volume. the mesh created from the binary mask
will deform under the effect of the gradient

for the second question, you can speed up the fitting process by decrease
stepthreshold and increase timestep, however, there is the possibiblity that
the model be overfit. you need to play witht he parameters to find the
suitable value for your dataset

another thing is that the binary mask should be close enough to the edge
features. the deformable model can push the roughly estimation of the object
out of
local minima when the model is not too far away from the edge featuer, but
it cannot be used to get the right segmentation regardless of the initial
binary mask.

good luck

ting