[Insight-users] Need help: import/export of memory buffers

Todd Koumrian todd@core-dump.stanford.edu
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:42:46 -0800

Hello,

I need help interfacing ITK functionality to our research framework.  In
order to use ITK, I must New() appropriate itkImages and somehow load them
with pixel data from another in-memory format.  After processing, I must
return the results to another buffer (not ITK) also managed by the
application.  While I understand the basics of image creation no problem, I
don't understand how to do this bulk load/unload efficiently.

GetPixel()/SetPixel() is of course too inefficient.

itkImportImageFilter exists, but what about export?

The manual makes mention of using image iterators as a better alternative to
GetPixel()/SetPixel(), but does not seem to explain them.  I'm lost here.

Regards,

Todd Koumrian