[Insight-users] How to make registration faster

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:34:36 -0500

Hi Cspl,

The parameters of the Multi-Resolution framework were
described in detail by Lydia Ng in the SoftwareGuide.pdf
document:

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSourceGuide.pdf

Section 7.6, pdf-pages 194 to 205.

You will also find descriptions of the parameters in the
demo application:

    Insight/src/MultiResMIRegistration

in the "Readme.pdf" file.

Please let us know if you have questions that are not
answered by these documents.

One of the first changes you may want to consider is
to use MattesMutualInformation instead of the Viola-Wells
implementation. Mattes version produces a much smoother
function and allows to use the RegularStepGradientDescent
optimizer that can converge more rapidly.