[Insight-users] Gradient Anisotropic Diffusion

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre@creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:15:15 +0100

Hi all, Hi Luis,

   As you suggested in:
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2003-February/002580.html

I tried first option (A). But I couldn't find no good paramaters to have
a closed surface.

See for differents sigma value :
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~malaterre/vtk/vessel_sigma5.png
and
http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~malaterre/vtk/vessel_sigma10.png

So I tried option (B). I tried first an edge preserving filter which is
to say GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter. I browse the
ItkSoftwareGuid.pdf and on p96, chap 5. (Filtering) you wrote:

[Typical values for the time step are 0.25 in 2D images and 0.125 in 3D
images.]

But if you browse now the source code of this filter there is no mention
to TimeStep ?
What did I misunderstood ? What are the real parameters that affect this
filter ?

thanks,
mathieu

--