[Insight-users] Registration Optimizer stop rule?

J. Van Dalen J.vanDalen" <J.vanDalen@rad.umcn.nl
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:21:16 +0100 (CET)

Hi Fucang,

I also use ImageRegistration# to register two images. I am not sure if I
understand your question correctly, but the following might help you. I
found (thanks to Luis) that optimizer->GetValue() returns the most recent
evaluation of the ImageMetric in the current set of parameters. The
GetValue() that is returned by the optimizer is the value that is used to
control convergence and eventually to stop the optimization process. If
you want to see the output after each iteration, you can create an
Observer and connect it to the Optimizer (but from your mail it looks
that you already do this).

Have a look at one of the examples: itkImageRegistrationMethodTest*.cxx
It helped me a lot to understand things better.

Hope this helps,
Good luck,
Jorn.