[Insight-users] Re: AW: FLTK ??? FastMarchingLevelSet

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:52:36 -0500

Hi Waltraud,

Thanks for detailing all the versions of the
components your are using.

It looks like CMake thinks VTK was compiled with
a different compiler that the one you are using
for compiling ITK. Are you mixing compilers by
any chance ?

Here are some suggestiong that may help you
to get a consistent build:

1) VTK 4.0 will not work with some of the demo
    applications that are in the toolkit.
    Now that VTK 4.2 is almost read you may want
    to update your VTK using the 4.2 CVS tag:

    cvs update  -r  release-4-2

2) Update your CMake to the current version 1.6.5

3) Configure VTK making sure that USE_ANSI_STDLIB
    is ON (as you did before). Enable also "Hybrid".

4) Build VTK

5) FLTK 1.1.0rc4 should be Ok. You can also move
    to 1.1.3 if you wish.

6) Configure ITK

7) Build ITK

FYI, Note that we are getting ready for a 1.2 release
of ITK. This version will not have the demo applications
in the source tree. Instead, a separate checkout will
be required. ITK will require CMake 1.6.5.

The applications will require VTK 4.2 and FLTK 1.1.3.

Please let us know if you continue experiencing
any problems.