[Insight-users] Problem compiling ITK on OSX

Robb Brown brownr@ucalgary.ca
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:00:55 -0700

I've tried compiling ITK, both the release and CVS versions, on OS X.
In both cases, I get the following error:

Building shared library
/Network/Servers/mrc-filer.crha-health.ab.ca/vol/home/brownr/common/
development/unstable/Insight1.0b/bin/libVXLNumerics.dylib...
ld: common symbols not allowed with MH_DYLIB output format with the
-multi_module option
rpoly.o definition of common _global_ (size 4232)
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[7]: ***
[/Network/Servers/mrc-filer.crha-health.ab.ca/vol/home/brownr/common/
development/unstable/Insight1.0b/bin/libVXLNumerics.dylib] Error 1
make[6]: ***
[/Network/Servers/mrc-filer.crha-health.ab.ca/vol/home/brownr/common/
development/unstable/Insight1.0b/bin/libVXLNumerics.dylib] Error 2
make[5]: ***
[/Network/Servers/mrc-filer.crha-health.ab.ca/vol/home/brownr/common/
development/unstable/Insight1.0b/bin/libITKCommon.dylib] Error 2
make[4]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[3]: *** [default_target_Numerics] Error 2
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Code] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

This is with CMake 1.65 (release binaries on cmake.org).  CVS CMake
gives errors.  I had to set CMake to 1.4 compatibility to get it to
work with the 1.0 release version of ITK.

I'm using the Dec 2002 release of Apple's developer tools, GCC 3.1.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Has anyone looked at making more
detail available through the dashboard system about some of the
configuration parameters that result in successful compilation?
Compiler version, CMake version and even a copy of the CMakeCache.txt
file would be invaluable.

Thanks,

Robb