[Insight-users] Build problem : undefined versioned symbol name

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 02 Jan 2003 12:05:10 -0500

Hi Sambit,

We build ITK nightly with gcc 2.96 on a
Linux PC with RedHat 7.2
(the build name is "Coffee")

The versions of gcc and ld used are

   gcc 2.96
   ld  2.11.90.0.8

---

The error message that you posted looks like
the result of mixing incompatible compilations.

Did you make several configuration attempts
before the current build ?

It may be that part of the code has been
compiled with some options and part of the
code with other options. (e.g. did you switch
between shared libraries and static libraries
at some point ?)

I will suggest you to wipe out the binary
directory of this example and try to
rebuild it from scratch.

Please let us know what you find.