[Insight-users] Build issues for VTK with respect to FLTK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:40:24 -0500

Hi Kent,

What happens is the CMake marks all the variables
related with FLTK libraries as "Advanced".

The result, is that those variables are not presented
to the user unles the "Advanced" option is selected
in the GUI (windows or unix).

So, CMake probably didn't find the FLTK libraries,
filled the corresponding variables as 'NOTFOUND' and
you didn't see them because you are in the non-advanced
mode.

Please do the following:

1) rerun CMake
2) select "Advanced" in the interface
3) look for the variables

    FLTK_BASE_LIBRARY
    FLTK_GL_LIBRARY
    FLTK_FORMS_LIBRARY
    FLTK_IMAGES_LIBRARY

and make sure they are pointing to

    fltk.a
    fltk_gl.a
    fltk_forms.a
    fltk_images.a

respectively.

4) hit configure
5) hit generate

6) recompile

That should solve the problem...

-----

The file FindFLTK.cmake in the cvs version
of CMake has already been modified to not
mark these variables as advanced.

-----

About your assumption with the nightly builds,
You are right, they are building all the
applications including those using VTK and FLTK.

Keep in mind, however, that ITK doesn't require
nor depends on VTK or FLTK. These libraries are
only used by the demo applications distributed
with ITK.  It is likely that those applications
will be distributed in the future as a separate
package in order to avoid confusions.

Please let us know if you have further questions,