[Insight-users] Compatibility with VTK

Neil Killeen Neil.Killeen@atnf.csiro.au
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:43:30 +1100 (EST)

Will

thanks for the comments.

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Will Schroeder wrote:

> The new Examples directory (which the SoftwareGuide refers to) in the
> current ITK software base does not depend on VTK....Examples are now
> completely independent of outside packages.

good

> The old Examples directory was
> renamed to Applications. There is a good chance this will be made a
> separate checkout from Insight (InsightApplications) because of the
> problems that you and other folks have had trying to build the applications.

yes I think it is a good thing to separate them; of course that
would not be a license to forget about them and not worry about
being able to build them :-))))

> The VTK changes are not really due to changes in interfaces, they are due
> to the fact that include files are being cleaned up, meaning that
> previously a header file for a class might have included several other
> headers (i.e., other than its superclass).

shameful !  do your coding rules (regardless of policing) spell this one out ?

> Moral of the story: We will do a better job of controlling the versioning
> in the future.
>
> Will

great.  I will look forward to the new releases.

cheers
Neil