[Insight-users] gradientCostFunction:: public SingleValuedCostFunction

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:47:52 -0500

Hi Digvijay,

All the tests are run nightly in multiple platform.
The itkGradientDescentOptimizerTest is passing ok.

http://www.itk.org/Testing/Dashboard/20030123-0500-Nightly/TestDetail/__Testing_Code_Numerics_itkGradientDescentOptimizerTest.html

To double check, I just ran it in my system and it
worked fine.

I would guess that the problem is that you are
instantiating the GradientCostFunction class
which is not supposed to be instantiated.

It is an abstract class. You should use it as a base
class for your implementation of a cost function.
So, write a cost function deriving from the Gradient
CostFunction, and make sure that you overload the
methods GetValue() GetGradient and GetValueAndGradient().

Please let us know more details about the code
that you are trying to run.