[Insight-users] MetaIO data

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:09:17 -0500

Hi Darby,

Are you reading a Volume ?

If you have a set of 2D slices in independent files,
you can use a single MetaImage header to load the set
of raw images as a volume.

The simplest way for creating this header is to use
the application "MetaImageImporter" that you will
find in the Insight/Applications/MetaImageImporter
directory.

It is a simple text dialog that will guide you through
the process of creating the header. You simply have
to answer a sequence of questions about the data files.
At the end you can specifiy a printf-kind of string
format for your set of files, or actually list all
of the filenames.

You can also read set of files that have some header
on them as long as the binary raw data is packed at the
end. This makes possible, for example, to use MetaImage
headers for reading Dicom files.

Please let us know if you find any problems.