[Insight-users] ConfidenceFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:46:18 -0500

Hi Samuel,

That sounds like a strange behavior.

The filter should converge when you increase
the number of iterations.

There is however the risk of it growing until
filling up the entire image, but this is only
possible if your image is some sort of continuous
ramp. In this case, each time the mean and variance
are computed in an iteration, their values will shift
allowing more pixels to be added to the region.

I will rather suspect of your seed point...
If the seed is planted in a non-typical region of
the image the filter may end up stuck in a small
region.

Could you give us more details on the code
you have around the filter ?

Are you using the examples in

    Insight/Examples ?

or the GUI application in

    Insight/Applications/RegionGrowingSegmentation  ?

Is this your own application ?
How are you selecting the seed point ?

Please let us know,