[Insight-users] SGI multi-CPU(origin/ Octane) and single CPU running problem

Lorensen, William E (Research) lorensen@crd.ge.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:18:40 -0500

On SGI's, the distributed stream/stl combination is not thread-safe. You need to change in your
CMakeCache.txt file:

ITK_USE_SYSTEM_STDLIB:BOOL=ON
ITK_USE_SYSTEM_STDLIB:BOOL=OFF

and rerun cmake. This will use a trhread-safe stl/stream library.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Dengfeng Liu [mailto:dliu@bme.jhu.edu]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 11:11 AM
To: insight-users@public.kitware.com
Subject: [Insight-users] SGI multi-CPU(origin/ Octane) and single CPU
running problem

Hi, ITK-users:
I have finally using -LD:_LAYOUT:lgot_buffer=128 to successfully compiled ITK on our SGI IRIX 6.5.18m
with gcc3.2.1.
But I can only run it on our one-CPU machines. When I run it on multi-cpu machines, it gives "Abort"
or "Segmentation fault".
I think the problem may be the multi-thread or auto-paralell problem(because the cpu usage is 799%
one 8-cpu systems).
How can I turn off this option?
Thanks
Dengfeng