[Insight-users] How to flood fill contours?

Parag Chandra pchandra@radonc.unc.edu
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:20:21 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C2C91A.BE190A80

Hi,
I'm trying to flood fill contours in a binary image, and I've been using =
ConnectedThresholdImageFilter with pretty good results so far. The =
trouble I have now is in identifying seed points for certain tricky =
types of contours. What I've been doing is scanning the image from left =
to right, top to bottom, and when I encounter a white pixel, I simply =
take the first black pixel southeast, south, or southwest of that white =
pixel and give that as a seedpoint. That of course doesn't work if the =
white pixel I've just encountered happens to be the very tip of a =
contour and the southern black pixel I've identified as the seed =
actually lies outside the contour. Can someone recommend an approach for =
automatically identifying a seed point that lies inside the contour? =
Thanks.

-Parag Chandra
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C2C91A.BE190A80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm trying to flood fill contours in a=20
binary&nbsp;image, and I've been using ConnectedThresholdImageFilter =
with pretty=20
good results so far. The trouble I have now is in identifying seed =
points for=20
certain tricky types of contours. What I've been doing is scanning the =
image=20
from left to right, top to bottom, and when I encounter a white pixel, I =
simply=20
take the first black pixel southeast, south, or southwest of that white =
pixel=20
and give that as a seedpoint. That of course doesn't work if the white =
pixel=20
I've just encountered happens to be the very tip of a contour and the =
southern=20
black pixel I've identified as the seed actually lies outside the =
contour. Can=20
someone recommend an approach for automatically identifying a seed point =
that=20
lies inside the contour? Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Parag =
Chandra</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C2C91A.BE190A80--