[Insight-users] image registration

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 14:32:49 -0400

Hi Santosh,

Once you are done with the building process, you should
find ITK libraries and executables for the examples in
the directories:

        c:/ITK/InsightToolkit-1.2.0/Bin/bin/Debug

and

        c:/ITK/InsightToolkit-1.2.0/Bin/bin/Release

Since you build both for Debug and Release.

Note the double :  /Bin/bin

the first one is the "Bin" that you specified, the
second "bin" is one that ITK configuration adds for
your convenience.

-----

Having ITK built, probably the best next step is to
get some coffee and go to the SoftwareGuide

     http://www . itk . org/ItkSoftwareGuide . pdf

and read the section on image Resampling (section 5.7),
and the chapter on image registration (chapter 7th).

Please read the section on resampling first, since many
concepts from this section are used later on registration.

Both sections will point you to associated examples
available in

   Insight/Examples/Filtering       and
   Insight/Examples/Registration

---

If you want to try a GUI based registration tool,
you may want to go directly to the UNC's CADDLab page

http://caddlab . rad . unc . edu/software/index . html#registration3D

and download their nice 3D registration tool. Both source
code and binary versions are available (Linux and Windows).

This tool is based on ITK components.