[Insight-users] Curvature term in ShapeDetectionLevelSetImageFilter

Nils Hanssen hanssen at caesar . de
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:27:15 +0200

Hi Luis,

yes, I am using the proposed pipeline [gradient magnitude] --> [sigmoid].
The feature image really looks like a binary image with high values inside
the tube and low values on the border. The problem are the gaps in the
border of the tube that have high values and act like "bridges" to the
surrounding high valued areas -> bad.
I thought, the regularizing terms in the level sets would be strong and
flexible enough to prevent the leakage, but for now I didn't find the good
parameters. Of course, I increased the curvature weighting and decreased the
propagation weighting simultaneously, but with no luck.

I choose the "axis" of the tube as the initial level-set, since this axis is
known "a priori" in my application.

Regards,
Nils