[Insight-users] RequestedRegion vs RegionOfInterestImageFilter

Mathias Seitel mathias . seitel at igd . fhg . de
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:37:12 +0200

Hello all,

I'm currently looking for a way to force any image filter not to use the
whole of it's input image, but only a user-defined portion of it. So far
I understood that the RequestedRegion of an image could be used or this
purpose but I just found that this approach doesn't work in all cases,
e.g. the ConnectedThresholdImageFilter automatically sets the
RequestedRegion to its LargestPossibleRegion. Am I right?

What I now have in mind is to interpose an ExtractImageFilter or an
RegionOfInterestImageFilter between the concerned image and the filter.
One obvious drawback here is the additional memory consumption. Is it
possible to preserve any specified RequestedRegion, or is there some
other way to address the above problem? Btw. the reason why I want to
implement this is to have a simple way to limit a segmentation
algorithm, e.g. region growing, to a strict area.

Thanks,
Mathias