[Insight-users] Saving the currently viewed slice as an image file

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:14:13 -0400

Hi Zein,

You may want to use the ExtractImageFilter if
you want to get a 2D slice, or the
RegionOfInterestImageFilter if you want to get
a degenerate 3D volume (1 pixel thick)

With the ExtractRegion() or the RegionOfInterest()
you select the same slice that is being shown
in the viewer.

Then you plug the output of this filter
(Extract or RegionOfInterest) to a
ImageFileWriter.