[Insight-users] Registration and Spacing : Bug

Stephan Moser stepmose at ee . ethz . ch
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 04:53:57 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Luis

Thanks for your effort. Michael and I have studied the code today as
well and we are not sure whether the GradientFilter has its influence on
the problem, since at the moment it does not take into consideration the
spacing. We assume that the derivative is therefore calculated for a
unit spacing.

Using 40*40*40 sized images in one case with spacing 1.0
and in a second case with 2.0, we have not been able to scale the
registration process correctly so that it would yield the same result;
we would like to do this to obtain 'generally applicable' parameters for
registration of bone images.  Do you think it might be a good idea to
set the spacing of the images to 1.0 and always perform the registration
that way? We have the impression that registration can be done without
considering world coordinates, as long as the images are spaced the
same, or is there a fundamental mistake in our thought?

Thanks, Stephan