[Insight-users] Re: VTK ITK tcl/python connection

Charl P. Botha c . p . botha at ewi . tudelft . nl
28 Jul 2003 16:13:03 +0200

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 16:04, Miller, James V (Research) wrote:
> When we had examples that included VTK, FLTK, ... it was very
> difficult for new users to build ITK.  New users have a tendency
> to turn everything on and are confused about messages of
> missing "components".
>
> Perhaps such an example is better suited for InsightApplications.

VTK is only linked for the wrapping if ITK_CSWIG_CONNECTVTKITK has been
explicitly set to ON.  This CMake option is ADVANCED and set to OFF by
default.

Examples demonstrating the new CSwig ConnectVTKITK functionality I added
are by definition scripted (i.e. Python, Tcl and later Java) so there
should be no problems with builds "breaking".

I haven't committed the example yet, I'll await the rest of this
discussion. :)

Thanks,
Charl

--