[Insight-users] Registration

David Holmes holmesd3 at yahoo . com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:52:49 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I have been playing with registration some more
and had little success.  Here is what I have come
across:

(1)  Because of problems with the meanssquared metric,
I moved on to the MI metric.

V&W MI work with the translation transform.  I did not
have any problems for a variety of mis-alignments with
a variety of scales. (Used ImageRegistration2.cxx)

(2)  V&W MI doesn't work when I go to a transform with
more parameters.  Euler3D and Quaternion don't work
regardless of the parameters I set.    Messing with
the scales doesn't help much.  Often I get the "mapped
outside" error.  I can't comment on the spacing
problem because I cannot get a consistent correct
answer.

For what it is worth, I am not a big fan of the
optimizer because even when it gets a near optimal
cost value, it runs away from it.  That is a real
challenge.

Thanks

David