[Insight-users] How to use conditional iterators

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd . ge . com
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:06:55 -0400

Conditional iterators based on flood fill operations (region
growing) are used in the

Code/BasicFilters/itkConnectedThresholdImageFilter.[h|txx]
Code/BasicFilters/itkIsolatedConnectedImageFilter.[h|txx]
Code/BasicFilters/itkNeighborhoodConnectedImageFilter.[h|txx]
Code/BasicFilters/itkConfidenceConnectedImageFilter.[h|txx]

You basically define an ImageFunction that returns true or false
based on whether a given pixel meets the condition or not.

I believe that the conditional iterators can also be used to
traverse an entire image and skip over pixels that do not
meet the condition.  But I have never used them that way. I
have only used the flood fill variants.  But the idea is basically
the same.  You defined an image function and use an iterator
to walk a region.  If a pixel does not satisfy the image function
the iterator will skip over it.

Jim