[Insight-users] Find largest connected object in a Volume

cspl affable at hd2 . dot . net . in
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:48:34 +0530

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C33CA2.09FADD70

Hi Luis and all,
   I am in need of help on connectivity filter. Let me explain my =
requirment.
   I have a volume of some slices. I have to find the largest object in =
the entire volume. Initiallly i will threshold the image so that it will =
in binary format. Then i have to use 6-connectivity of find the largest =
object in the volume. The largest object should be labeled 1. Is there =
any filter which solves my problem. I should use 6-connectivity. Please =
do suggest me if there are other alternatives too.
  =20
   Please help me in this regard.

   Thanks in advance.

-Regards,
  Sateesh.

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C33CA2.09FADD70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Luis and all,<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; I =
am&nbsp;in need=20
of help on connectivity filter. Let me explain my =
requirment.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; I=20
have a volume of some slices. I have to find the largest object in the =
entire=20
volume. Initiallly i will threshold the image so that it will in binary =
format.=20
Then i have to use 6-connectivity of find the largest object in the =
volume. The=20
largest object should be labeled 1. Is there any filter which solves my =
problem.=20
I should use 6-connectivity.&nbsp;Please do suggest me&nbsp;if there=20
are&nbsp;other =
alternatives&nbsp;too.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Please help me in this regard.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks in =
advance.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Regards,<BR>&nbsp;=20
Sateesh.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C33CA2.09FADD70--