[Insight-users] registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 14:45:04 -0500

Hi Imho,

 > Won't this do what I want?

Well,
You were asking for ICP and PointSet registration...
Deformable registration will not do that...

However, if you rephrase your question as:

     "How can I register two liver datasets ?"

Then, Deformable registration may be an option.

If you want to pursue this possibility, you may
want to look at the following methods

1) Demon's deformable registration
2) FEM based, deformable registration

Note that these methods are computationaly intensive.
In the case of FEM you may want to take advantage
of their support for Multi-Resolution.

Both methods are described in the SoftwareGuide.

Please let us know if you have further questions.