[Insight-users] Help : Error Using Discrete Guassian Filter: Effective Resolution

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 18:07:35 -0500

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the suggestion.

That's actually the right way to approach the notion
of image resolution, since pixel spacing is less
relevant once that the image has been blurred.

This notion of FWHM could be a good candidate to
be added to the DataDictionary that has been proposed
as an addition to the itkImage data structure. It
will reflect the effective resolution of the data
contained in the image.

Curiosly, people in astronomy and microscopy pay more
attention to this issues than we do in the medical
imaging community (shame on us).

You may want to point this out in the open forum
of the project involved with the DataDictionary.

Please go to the page:

http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu/itkProjects/indexproject.php?id=27

and look for the open fourm.

You can add topics to the forum as a guest.
In that way your suggestion will not be lost.

You can visit this page frequently to track any
progress in the topics.