[Insight-users] Display ITK models in VTK

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk@cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:31:28 +1100

Hello Luis,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 10:57:10AM -0500, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> [...]
> As far as the ITK to VTK mesh conversion, you may
> have to follow the example in vtk2itk.cxx in the
> same directory.

Ok, that's a very useful example, thanks.

> As far as the SpatialObject goes, the CADDLab group
> directed by Dr. Stephen Aylward at UNC have developed
> generic viewers for Spatial Objects. They can manage
> VTK, OpenGL and OpenInventor (AFAIK).
>
> You may want to contact them at
> http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu/

Right, I will check with Stephen.  Generic viewers for SpatialObjects
would be great.  Sounds like there's room for a whole new hybrid
ITK/VTK library to glue the two together...

Thanks very much - regards,

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                Computer Vision Lab (CVMIL)
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb                 University of Melbourne