[Insight-users] Compiling ITK on Windows

Raghavendra Chandrashekara rc3@doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:45:08 -0000

Hi Luis,

> The error messages indicate that you have another
> version of the PNG library in your system.
>
> This version is conflicting with the one that is
> distributed with ITK in the "Utilities" directory.
>
> You will have to locate this DLL library in you
> disk and make sure that it is not included in
> your path whenever you are building ITK.
>
> What is happening at this point is that the linker
> finds your png system library before it finds the
> one in ITK: itkpng.lib

Actually the error messages about the inconsistent dll linkage occur when I
am trying to build the png library supplied with ITK in the CVS repository.
But just to be sure I also checked my system and found no other png
libraries called itkpng.lib. Also I have downloaded release 1.0.0 of ITK and
compiled the png library supplied with that version and found no error
messages when the library was being built.

Is it possible that I can add the GIPL file readers to release 1.0.0 and
then recompile as I only need to use the GIPL image readers and not the png
image readers? Which files would I need to add/change?

Thanks,

Raghavendra