[Insight-users] Compiling ITK on Windows: GIPL - Analyze problem

Kent Williams norman-k-williams@uiowa.edu
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:08:46 -0600

I wrote the code in itk::AnalyzeImageIO::CanReadFile()

If you look in the source, this method only tries to open the file if it =
has a=20
filename extension of "hdr" or "img".  Or so I thought; I will try and st=
ep=20
throught this and see what happens if another extension is given.

If the method gets past that test, and fails to open the file, then the=20
existing cod throws an exception -- should it instead simply return false=
,=20
indicating that it cannot read the file?