[Insight-users] Output Of PNG ImageWriter

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv@crd.ge.com
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:38:07 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2E4E0.9E746590

All the readers and writers will convert pixel type.  When you create a ImageFileReader, you tell it
via the template parameters the pixel type and dimension of the output image.  So if you tell the
reader you want a scalar image but the file is an RGB image, the reader will automatically convert
RGB images to grayscale.  The converse is also true.  If you tell the reader you want a RGB image but
the file is a scalar file, the reader will automatically convert the grayscale image to RGB.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Neha D [mailto:itkneha@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 1:39 PM
To: Neha D; Luis Ibanez
Cc: insight-users@public.kitware.com
Subject: [Insight-users] Output Of PNG ImageWriter

Hi All,

I am trying to run some examples built in ITK. When I run PNGImageReadWrite example. I find that
output image is not same as input image. Instead it is grayScale image while input is color image.
Does PNGWriter convert color images to grayScale ? Is this true about all other  type of Writers ?

Thanks.

Neha

 Neha D <itkneha@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi All,

When I try to open Insight/Examples Link in Data section of ITK Wbpage, that link is not opened. Is
it availlable there or not ?

Thanks,

Neha

 Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez@kitware.com> wrote:

Hi Neha,

The Examples where not available in the release 1.0.
At that time the content of the examples directory
was what now has become the "Applications" directory.

The current content of the Examples directory is what
is used for generating the SoftwareGuide.

You are strongly encouraged to use the recent release
prepared for the SPIE tutorial (unless you are using
a Mac...).

You can get this SPIE version from cvs by doing

cvs update -r SPIE-Medical-Imaging-2003

You will need CMake at least version 1.6.3 to build
this version of ITK.

Note that we will be releasing ITK 1.2 in a week or
two.

Please let us know if you encounter any problem.

Thanks

Luiis

---------------------------------------

Neha D wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently reading ITK so ftware guide. Accodring to it, I don't find
> DataRepresentation directory in ITK source or ITK_Binary tree. I am
> using Insignt 1.0.0 and have built it with BUILD_EXAMPLES on. can
> somebody tell me about this ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> neha

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo!  <http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com> Mail Plus - Powerful.
Affordable. Sign up  <http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com> now

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail  <http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com> Plus - Powerful.
Affordable. Sign up  <http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com> now

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2E4E0.9E746590

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2715.400" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=427523419-07032003><FONT color=#0000ff size=2>All the readers
and writers will convert pixel type.&nbsp; When you create a ImageFileReader,
you tell it via the template parameters the pixel type and dimension of the
output image.&nbsp; So if you tell the reader you want a scalar image but the
file is an RGB image, the reader will automatically convert RGB images to
grayscale.&nbsp; The converse is also true.&nbsp; If you tell the reader you
want a RGB image but the file is a scalar file, the reader will automatically
convert the grayscale image to RGB.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=427523419-07032003><FONT color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=427523419-07032003><FONT color=#0000ff
size=2>Jim</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=427523419-07032003><FONT color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=427523419-07032003><FONT color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Neha D
  [mailto:itkneha@yahoo.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, March 07, 2003 1:39
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> Neha D; Luis Ibanez<BR><B>Cc:</B>
  insight-users@public.kitware.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Insight-users] Output Of
  PNG ImageWriter<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <P>Hi All,
  <P>I am trying to run some examples built in ITK. When I run PNGImageReadWrite
  example. I find that output image is not same as input image. Instead it is
  grayScale image while input is color image. Does PNGWriter convert color
  images to grayScale ? Is this true about all other&nbsp; type of Writers ?
  <P>Thanks.
  <P>Neha
  <P>&nbsp;<B><I>Neha D &lt;itkneha@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
  <BLOCKQUOTE
  style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
    <P>Hi All,
    <P>When I try to open Insight/Examples Link in Data section of ITK Wbpage,
    that link is not opened. Is it availlable there or not ?
    <P>Thanks,
    <P>Neha
    <P>&nbsp;<B><I>Luis Ibanez &lt;luis.ibanez@kitware.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE
    style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><BR>Hi
      Neha,<BR><BR>The Examples where not available in the release 1.0.<BR>At
      that time the content of the examples directory<BR>was what now has become
      the "Applications" directory.<BR><BR>The current content of the Examples
      directory is what<BR>is used for generating the
      SoftwareGuide.<BR><BR><BR><BR>You are strongly encouraged to use the
      recent release<BR>prepared for the SPIE tutorial (unless you are
      using<BR>a Mac...).<BR><BR>You can get this SPIE version from cvs by
      doing<BR><BR>cvs update -r SPIE-Medical-Imaging-2003<BR><BR>You will need
      CMake at least version 1.6.3 to build<BR>this version of ITK.<BR><BR>Note
      that we will be releasing ITK 1.2 in a week or<BR>two.<BR><BR>Please let
      us know if you encounter any
      problem.<BR><BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR><BR>Luiis<BR><BR><BR>---------------------------------------<BR><BR>Neha
      D wrote:<BR>&gt; Hi,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I am currently reading ITK so ftware
      guide. Accodring to it, I don't find <BR>&gt; DataRepresentation directory
      in ITK source or ITK_Binary tree. I am <BR>&gt; using Insignt 1.0.0 and
      have built it with BUILD_EXAMPLES on. can <BR>&gt; somebody tell me about
      this ?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; neha<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;
      <BR><BR><BR>_______________________________________________<BR>Insight-users
      mailing
      list<BR>Insight-users@public.kitware.com<BR>http://public.kitware.com/mailman/listinfo/insight-users</BLOCKQUOTE>
    <P><BR>
    <HR SIZE=1>
    Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A
    href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com">Yahoo!
    Mail Plus</A> - Powerful. Affordable. <A
    href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com">Sign up
    now</A></BLOCKQUOTE>
  <P><BR>
  <HR SIZE=1>