[Insight-users] How to build ITK dll?

Ron Inbar ron@mediguide.co.il
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:34:45 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to create the Tcl Bindings.
I got as far as configuring the project correctly (I think) and building it.

Two things don't work as expected:

1. During the build process, I get the following error:

In file included from C:/PROGRA~1/Insight/Code/Common/itkNeighborhood.h:268,
                 from
C:/PROGRA~1/Insight/Code/Common/itkConstNeighborhoodIterator.h:29,
                 from
C:/PROGRA~1/Insight/Code/Common/itkFiniteDifferenceFunction.h:21,
                 from
C:/PROGRA~1/Insight/Code/Common/itkFiniteDifferenceImageFilter.h:21,
                 from
C:/PROGRA~1/Insight/Wrapping/Tcl/Common/wrap_itkFiniteDifferenceImageFilter.
cxx:18:
C:/PROGRA~1/Insight/Code/Common/itkNeighborhood.txx: In member function
   `std::slice itk::Neighborhood<TPixel, VDimension,
   TAllocator>::GetSlice(unsigned int) const':
C:/PROGRA~1/Insight/Code/Common/itkNeighborhood.txx:137: parse error before
`>'
   Token

2. When I issue the command "package require InsightToolkit" in wish83, I
get the following error:

couldn't load library "C:\Program
Files\Insight\Build--VC6\bin\VXLNumericsTcl.dll": this library or a
dependent library could not be found in library path
can't find package VXLNumericsTcl 1.1

I looked for this DLL and noticed that the build generated only static-link
libraries, and no DLLs.
I remember that in the VTK build there was a CMake switch called
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS that could be turned ON to generate DLLs.  What do I have
to do to generate DLLs in ITK?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

This e-mail message has been sent by MediGuide
and is for the use of the intended recipients only.
The message may contain privileged or confidential information .
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited,
and you are requested to delete the e-mail and any attachments
and notify the sender immediately.