[Insight-users] ITK, FLTK and VTK on Mac OS X

Robb Brown brownr@ucalgary.ca
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:45:36 -0700

On Monday, March 10, 2003, at 03:11 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:

> At 02:20 PM 3/10/2003, Robb Brown wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your help, Luis and Jon -- I've got ITK (and applications)
>> compiled and working with FLTK.  Phillip, I was struggling with the
>> same FLTK problems you were and when I got back on Monday they were
>> all solved!
>>
>> I have one remaining problem though.  I've got VTK compiled from a
>> January CVS version.  To do this I had to use CMake 1.7 from CVS as
>> earlier versions (including 1.65) gave errors trying to compile VTK
>> extensions.  Problem is, CMake 1.7 won't compile InsightApplications.
>
> CMake 1.65 should build VTK on OSX.   What were the errors?

CMake reports that it failed to compile the VTK extensions (to CMake).
Then it won't let you generate the make files.

I have my ITK Applications compiling now with FLTK and VTK (CMake 1.7)
by replacing the
FIND_PACKAGE(X) statements with
INCLUDE(${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/Find{X}.cmake)

which is the way VTK does it.  I also had to change any VTK_WRAP_TCL2()
or VTK_WRAP_PYTHON2() commands to omit the 2.

There's still a little problem where wrapping the vtkITK example into
Python (which CMake insists on doing because that's the way VTK was
compiled) fails because CMake tries to -L the VTK python modules.  This
is a problem in the CMakeLists.txt file that I remember having with
vtkLocal in the past on the Mac.

What exactly is FIND_PACKAGE?  It doesn't seem to be covered in any of
the CMake documentation and only CMake 1.65 seems to support it.

Robb Brown
Seaman Family MR Center
Calgary, AB