[Insight-users] RE: [vtkusers] vtkScalarBarActor & Disappearing actors.

Ron Inbar ron@mediguide.co.il
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 16:07:29 +0200

> > 1. True, I shared both actors and textures.  That's because I wanted to
> see
> > exactly the same view from two different viewpoints.  If I split the
> > pipeline I would need to send every change to each actor separately.
>
> Really?  Did you make use of explicit actor interaction?  By default,
> only the camera is moved and since you WANTED to see the same object
> from different angles, splitting your pipelines before the mappers
> should not have been a problem.  Obviously, if you really were
> interacting with the separate actors as well as moving the camera,
> you're right.

I didn't interact with each actor separately, but I had two different
textures and I needed to change the texture for both actors simultaneously.
Being able to use the same actor in both windows simplified things a lot.

Ron

This e-mail message has been sent by MediGuide
and is for the use of the intended recipients only.
The message may contain privileged or confidential information .
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use,
distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited,
and you are requested to delete the e-mail and any attachments
and notify the sender immediately.