[Insight-users] How do I validate a 3D segmentation process ?

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre@creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:56:48 +0100

Hi all,
	I have a general question about validation in segmentation, and I would
like you, people, to comment on this.
	I have done filters that segmented my images. I am then using a
software to see (at the same time) the model and image. And everything
'looks' ok. But now if I play little with parameters I can find other
results that 'looks' good.

	So my question is what is the method to validate a 'good' segmentation
(just looking at images is too biased).

	- As I am doing 3D segmentation I don't want to do any 2D related stuff.
	- Has anyone tried registration between Mesh and Image ?
	- I have thought about using Mesh (mesh.epfl.ch) but I can't mesure
error to an isovalue image (I am using a dynamic isovalue to find my model).

Thanks,
mathieu

--
Mathieu Malaterre