[Insight-users] Re: AW: AW: AW: Visualizing a binary itk-Image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:05:25 -0500

Hi Zein,

Thanks for looking at the values.

Here is the problem:

    You should not use the vtkRenderWindowInteractor
    when you are building an application that has its own
    GUI.  The interactor is taking over the management of
    events and not letting any event get to the FLTK
    event manager.

Please use the class contributed by Charles P. Botha:

     vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor

It attaches a VTK render window to a FL_GL_Window.
This class is in

     InsightApplications/Auxiliary/VtkFltk.

You will have the same problem with any other GUI
system. (e.g. Qt, wxWindows....) Only one system
should take over the event loop.