[Insight-users] Errors with Insight Applications on the Mac

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:17:56 -0500

Hi Robb,

Thanks for reporting these two failures.

1) The Raw reader problem was identified
    recently. It is due to a broken implementation
    of the fstream.fail() function in the Mac.

    It happens that fail() returns true in the Mac
    when you reach the end of the file.  We fixed
    this in the trunk but visibly not in the 1.2 branch.

    I just cheked in the fix in the 1.2 release branch.

    You may get the modified file through the
    CVS web server:

http://www.itk.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/Insight/Code/IO/itkRawImageIO.txx?cvsroot=Insight&only_with_tag=Release-1-2

    Note that the branches are selected at the bottom
    of the page.

2) The second problem, related to the GradientMagnitude
    seems to be new.

    It looks like it is specific to the Mac. Our other
    builds on the release 1.2 are not showing this.

    Is this crashing in the program in Insight/Examples ?
    or in the GUI application in InsightApplications/
    GeodesicActiveContours ?

    Could you please give us more details on this.
    It is possible that the source of the error is a
    badly read image file, or a too small volume. What
    data are you providing to the program.

    This filter requires at least 5 pixels along every
    dimension.

Please let us know,