[Insight-users] Multiresolution registration shrink factors

David Wikler dwikler@ulb.ac.be
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:16:05 +0100 (MET)

Dear Luis,

Thanks very much for your explanations about shrink
factors, I did some testing and you are right, it does
not really matters that volumes should have same
resolutions, important factors are more number of
iteration vs step value and starting shrink factor
according to the registration algorithm you use so
you don't wait forever if you use intensity-based algorithms
other than MI.
I have got another question now but I will put it in a
different email so the title reflects the question.

Gratefully.

David

David Wikler, Ir
ULB - Erasme Hospital - PET Scan
808 route de Lennik - B1070 Brussels - Belgium
Phone: 32 2 5556603 - Fax: 32 25556631
Email: dwikler@ulb.ac.be