[Insight-users] Re: ITK Cross-platform ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:53:20 -0500

Hi Shilpa,

Cross platform in ITK does not mean that the
binaries are portable to another platform.

Cross platform means that you can compile
ITK in many different operational systems
with many different compiliers.

ITK has been compiled in the following
platforms (OS + compiler):

Windows
  - VisualStudio .NET
  - VisaulStudio 6.0
  - Intel compiler
  - Cygwin gcc
  - Borland 5.5

Linux
  - gcc 2.96
  - gcc 3.1
  - gcc 3.02
  - gcc 3.2

IRIX
  - CC

Solaris
  - gcc

Mac, Darwin
  - gcc 3.1 (modified)

The 'de facto' list of supported compilers
is shown every day in the Dashboard.

for example:
http://www.itk.org/Testing/Dashboard/20030313-0500-Nightly/Dashboard.html

Each row in this table is a different machine with a specific compiler.
This Dashboard is updated nightly for some machines and continuously
for others.

You will find a similar Dashboard for VTK, in
http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Dashboard/20030313-0300-Nightly/Dashboard.html

Please let us know if you have other questions.